Hosting friends and family in your home is one of the easiest ways to soak up the wonders of the winter holiday season. We all want to create a welcoming and beautiful space to celebrate with those we love. However, this process can sometimes feel daunting! This minimal, holiday table was inspired by the sea and was meant to prove that simple and straightforward elements can make just as big of an impact as pulling out every last stop! A few easy steps and you’ll be well on your way to holiday style and sweet memories.
1. Start with a neutral palette. White plates, earthy toned accents, and simple glassware make the perfect backdrop when you are trying to create something sleek and minimal. This typically means digging into your everyday dishes and leaving the fancy china in the china cabinet!
2. Add a personal touch. Place cards are usually the simplest way to add something personal to a place setting. Pre-placing your guests sets the evening festivities and conversations up for success and makes everyone feel considered and appreciated!
3. Consider the centerpiece. A centerpiece need not always include flowers, especially around the holidays. Candlelight and small greenery accents are incredibly festive and go a long way to adding warmth. Plus it’s usually less expensive and requires less work. Clipping bits of greens from your yard is easy as pie!
4. Add Something Special. We are a huge fan of adding something unexpected to a dinner table. Thoughtful napkin rings, a funky accent to your plate, a pop of color to draw the eye, and festive stir sticks are all great ways to spice up the table with little effort!
5. Include interactive elements. Passing around holiday cards or gifts, including recipes cards of the meal, toasts, or simply having a family style dinner all get people involved and interacting across the table.
Design, florals, and photography: Sweet Root Village
Stir sticks, Place Cards, Calligraphy: Laura Hooper Calligraphy
Shop the look here!